This one day introductory course has been designed to provide the foundation on which to build mediation skills, with an insight into the area of workplace mediation.
Aim of the course
By the end of this one day course delegates will understand the theory and background to mediation in the workplace.
In particular this one day course will help you:
- Understand more about how mediation works, why it adds value and how it differs from other types of dispute resolution
- Understand the 10 steps you should follow to introduce the concept mediation at your organisation
- Identify the business case that will underpin the introduction of mediation at your organisation
- Recognise the organisational symptoms that are consistent with conflict existing
- Explore whether you will want to pursue training to become an accredited mediator
- Understand how to ensure that your policies and procedures are robust
- Understand how to manage your reputation by resolving disputes effectively in a timely manner
- Understand how the ACAS Code of Practice can assist your processes
This course is taught using a mixture of stand up delivery and DVD observation.
Who Should Attend?
Line managers, HR professionals, employment lawyers, trade union representatives, people dealing with difficult and sensitive issues
Course dates and costs
Location - Birmingham (venue tba)
Location - London (venue tba)
For group bookings or to book the course by invoice