Advanced Practitioner in Workplace Mediation Skills - Focus on Team and Multi-Party Disputes
Globis Mediation Group prides itself on being at the cutting edge of developments in the workplace mediation community. For people who are already accredited mediators and have experience of mediating a number of cases, we offer our 2 day advanced workplace mediation skills course. This course provides a great opportunity to keep skills up to date and learn from other mediators in the field.
With the recent government consultation on disputes in the workplace and the move to settling disputes rather than going to Employment Tribunal, mediation is firmly on the agenda. There has never been a better time to improve your skills as a workplace and employment mediator. This course focuses specifically on team mediation. It is intense, highly engaging and challenging. If you want to be equipped to deal with more complex workplace disputes, then this course is for you.
Aim of the course
This course will:
- Deepen your knowledge and experience to handle complex workplace disputes
- Equip you with the skills needed to mediate team and multi party fall outs
- Challenge you to move out of your comfort zone
- Prompt you to consider how your mediation style can be adjusted based on the type of individuals involved in the dispute and the sorts of complexities involved
Delegates will be expected to grapple with a number of real life case studies throughout the duration of the course.
This course is particularly useful if:
- You are considering mediation as a career option
- You are seeking to enhance your mediation practice
- You want to be better placed to help organisations
- You simply want to become a better mediator
- Why team disputes are increasing
- Advanced mediation skills
- High conflict people
- Mediating groups and teams
- Moving beyond deadlock
- Asking dangerous questions
- Working with representatives
- Moving from settlement to resolution
- Case studies
Complex case studies
- Next steps
Who Should Attend?
Accredited mediators with an interest in workplace mediation and experience as a lead mediator
This course is only available on an in-house basis.
Please contact us on 0330 100 0809 to find out more.
Clive Lewis is one of the UK’s most authoritative, experienced and in demand workplace mediators. He is viewed as a thought leader in the field of workplace mediation, with 15 years experience. He has mediated hundreds of workplace disputes involving all types of issues. He has particular experience in cases of harassment, discrimination, bullying, victimisation, board room fall outs, director disputes, shareholder disputes, and industrial relations cases. He is a former HR director and has mediated cases across all business sectors. He was the Chair of the Civil Mediation Council Workplace Committee for five years and served as the Council’s Honorary Secretary for three years. He has significant international exposure including work at government level.
He is the author of ten books with an eleventh on mediating workplace disputes due out later during 2014. The Definitive Guide to Workplace Mediation is used by hundreds of organisations to set up their in-house mediation scheme.