Foundation in Workplace Mediation Skills 3 Days
This three day course provides delegates with an insight to the skills required to deal with conflict and employment disputes within the business or organisational context. It covers a range of issues giving an introduction to mediation and the use of mediation strategies and approaches within organisations. In particular, it focuses on how the mediation concept works, why it adds value and its likely future as a conflict resolution tool. Delegates will learn about the skills required to deal with conflict effectively and how these 'everyday skills' can be used within their own roles to deal with challenging and difficult people issues more effectively.
Aim of the course
This course provides the foundation to build on for further workplace mediation courses.
- The foundation of mediation
- How the context of workplace and employment mediation fits with the HR framework
- The Gibbons review and its likely impact on HR functions
- The concept of Power, Rights & Interests
- The necessary elements for a dispute to be a dispute
- How to conduct initial customer meetings with each party
- How to assist the parties in exploring and clarifying the issues and feelings involved and consider mediation as an option in resolving their difficulties
- How to conduct joint party meetings to help the parties in building workable agreements about the future, and/or developing increased mutual understanding of their ongoing working relationship
- How to interact constructively, and without partiality, at all levels within an organisation
- How to draft a mediation agreement
- How to draft a settlement agreement
- Adopting mediation clauses into contracts of employment
- Case studies
- Practice sessions
Delegates will also receive a Certificate in Foundation Workplace Mediation Skills
Who Should Attend?
HR Professionals, Employment Lawyers, senior and middle managers, people dealing with difficult and sensitive issues
£1199 + VAT
Book Now: Online booking
Please call 0330 100 0809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to book your place.
2017 Course Dates
May10-12 - London
July 5-7 - Leeds
November 7-9 - Birmingham